As part of Salem Academy & College’s response to COVID 19, Gramley Library has temporarily closed all physical spaces beginning March 18. During this time, library staff are working remotely and will continue to provide online services and resources for your teaching, learning and researching away from campus.
Gramley Library Items
- All books and other items that are currently on loan have been renewed, with a new due date of July 1.
- No fines will accrue on these items and you should not receive overdue notices.
Interlibrary Loan Items
- We are communicating with lending libraries to renew the items and will email you with new due dates.
- Please do not recommend mail items to any library as they can get lost or damaged.
Online Help and Assistance
We have increased online capacity and service hours to support remote instruction. During summer sessions, you can reach us via one of the following methods:
- We will respond to email inquiries via email@example.com and staff email weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Please refer to our staff directory for other contact information. Staff will be checking their email and voicemail each business day.
- Library Chat Service is available during the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Sunday: 5 – 7 p.m.
- Any faculty, staff, or student can also schedule a remote consultation with a librarian at a time that is convenient for you.
Library Resources and Collections
- Through https://library.salem.edu/, all Salem Academy & College faculty, students, and staff have full access to all subscribed online library collections, e-books, e-journals/articles, streaming films, and databases. Always start your search at https://library.salem.edu/ and when prompted, authenticate with your MySalem username and password.
- Interlibrary Loan will be available for digital materials ONLY until further notice. Please note that eBooks are not available through Interlibrary Loan, due to licensing agreements. We will not be receiving or loaning print materials to other institutions. We will continue to provide updates about library services on the library's News and Events page.
- You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a consultation for assistance locating and accessing information resources.
Instruction and Learning
- Liaison librarians can help you integrate electronic resources into Moodle or other online course delivery and can help you identify or acquire alternative resources if needed. They can also provide remote instruction to your class on the use of library and information resources via Google Meet, Zoom, and/or other platforms.
- Academy faculty should follow the same department assignments.