As part of Salem Academy & College’s response to COVID 19, Gramley Library has temporarily closed all physical spaces beginning March 18. During this time, library staff are working remotely and will continue to provide online services and resources for your teaching, learning and researching away from campus. See below for information about the following:
Borrowing and Fines
Gramley Library Items
- All books and other items that are currently on loan have been renewed, with a new due date of May 14.
- No fines will accrue on these items and you should not receive overdue notices.
- You do not need to take any action if you have items checked out in your name.
Interlibrary Loan Items
- We are communicating with lending libraries to renew the items and will email you with new due dates.
- We do not recommend mailing items to any library as they can get lost or damaged.
- As we near the due date in May we will email you and provide instructions on returning materials at the library’s News and Events page. If you have concerns or questions please email email@example.com.
Online Help and Assistance
We have increased online capacity and service hours to support remote instruction. As of March 30th, you can reach us via one of the following methods:
- We will respond to email inquiries via firstname.lastname@example.org and staff email weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Please refer to our staff directory for other contact information. Staff will be checking their email and voicemail each business day.
- Library Chat Service is available during the following times:
- Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 2 – 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 7 – 9 p.m.
- Any faculty, staff, or student can also schedule a remote consultation with a librarian at a time that is convenient for you.
Library Resources and Collections
- Through https://library.salem.edu, all Salem Academy & College faculty, students, and staff have full access to all subscribed online library collections, e-books, e-journals/articles, streaming films, and databases. Authenticate with your MySalem username and password. Always start your search at the library's website to avoid paywalls.
- Interlibrary Loan will be available for digital materials ONLY until further notice. Please note that eBooks are not available through Interlibrary Loan, due to licensing agreements. We will not be receiving or loaning print materials to other institutions. We will continue to provide updates about library services on the library's News and Events page.
- You may also contact us at email@example.com or schedule a consultation for assistance locating and accessing information resources.